Identification Documents that ACIC requires for an Australian Police Check
The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) requires FOUR pieces of identification to be able to process an Australian Police Check, as well as linkage between the individual and their ID documentation.
The combination of identity documents must contain the following:
- Each piece of ID must detail the applicant’s name.
- At least one of the ID documents provided must contain the applicant’s date of birth.
- At least one of the ID documents provided must contain a photograph of the applicant.
This is a guide as to which ID documents are accepted.
If the applicant can not meet the ID requirements, please contact us on 02 4023 0603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linking the candidate to their identification documents
In order for us to process an application for an Australian Police Check with ACIC, we must link the applicant with their photo ID.
To perform this linkage, we will visually compare the candidate’s face against the photograph on one of the identity documents they have provided. The most widely used way of carrying out this linkage is to have the applicant provide a ‘linkage photo’.
We therefore need the applicant to:
- Hold up their photo ID next to their face
- Take a close-up photo or “selfie” of their face with their photo ID held up next to it
- Ensure we can see the applicant’s face and their photo ID in the photo that is uploaded
If the applicant is unable to provide this linkage photo, please contact us for an alternative method.